Thursday, September 17, 2009

My week in Paris!




I can't truly excuse my blogging absence. However, I've just come back from a week in Paris! Paris is truly one of my favourite cities in the world, and a place I'll never get enough of! Besides from the obvious tour Eiffel, I'll share some of my favourite spots with you.


Palais Royal


Apart from being one of the most beautiful gardens in Paris, Palais Royal also houses a few fashion goodies, like Marc Jacobs' concept store and Didier Ludot, the famous vintage dealer of haute couture garments from the 20s to the 80s.

Jardin des Tuileries


If you need some rest after spending all your money in the designer stores around Rue St. Honoré, the garden of Tuileries is a fine place to sit down. Enjoy the view, watch the stylish Parisians around you, and let your mind wander back to the earlier centuries.

Marais

Don't even think about leaving Paris without spending a Sunday in Marais. The narrow streets of the 11. arrondissement block out the traffics on Sundays and keep stores open. Start off my the metro station St. Paul, and walk down Rue du Roi de Sicile, up Rue Veille de Temple and stop by the trendy La Perle for a glass of cheap wine. And don't overlook Free 'P' Star. This heavy loaded vintage shop in 61 Rue de la Verrerie is a haven for treasure hunters. I bought a vintage fur coat from there - I'll come back to that later:)

Ladurée

This historic patisserie is tastful, stylish and classy. Who else would have their special editions macarons designed by Christian Louboutin?
Their first and best branch is situated at 21, Rue Bonaparte in St. Germain-des-Près

I could have listed up tons of more places, but I'll think I'll stop here and come back with more.

2 comments:

Kathinka said...

det så ut som en fin uke! godt du er tilbake på bloggen! Klem Kathinka

The Fashion Economist said...

Hei Kathinka!
Ja, nå er jeg back in blog business. Hyggelig å være savnet, da;)